Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Last minute details

Everything was packed last night when I realized I had neglected to include clothes for the flight.  So I made another foray into my closet to find pants, shirt and sweater that would be comfortable and warm.  I thought I was ready this morning for every contingency, but during the drive to Jacksonville -- where I would be flying out with my daughter Karin -- I realized I had forgotten to pack my hair dryer-curler.  A quick trip to Target in JAX solved that. 

Another last minute detail was deciding how we will be getting from the airport to the hotel.  Karin convinced me using a car service was the easiest way to go, and the cost would not be out of line with cab fare.   We chose a car service listed in the book New York for Dummies and found their Web site.  The car is reserved and will pick us up outside of the baggage claim.  It seems too easy.... I'll find out tomorrow.

I'm excited about the trip, especially after seeing several TV shows this week that featured New York at Christmas.  I probably won't be blogging while in the city, but will fill you in when I get back.

No comments: